The Town of Burlington
The Town of Burlington
is located in Burlington Township in the southeast corner of Carroll County. It is near Kokomo in HowardCounty via State Road 22. The major thoroughfare in town is State Road 29, part of the historic Michigan Road
the entire length of Indiana from Madison on the Ohio River in the south to Lake Michigan at Michigan City in the north.
Burlington is an incorporated town, governed by a Town Council. The Town Hall is located on the west side of SR 29 in the northern part of town
(P.O. Box 399). The phone is 765-566-3672. The town is served by an active volunteer fire department and a town marshal as well as the County Sheriff’s Department.
- Burlington Community Park has ball fields and courts, and 2 large community buildings as well as auxiliary buildings. The park is owned jointly by the town and township and managed by a volunteer Park Board of individuals from both government
- The Burlington Community Club sponsors the annual Fall Festival at the Park and other activities.
- Burlington is the home to the Burlington Church of Christ, First Brethren Church, United Methodist Church, and the Faith Church of Christ. The churches’ community activities are coordinated by the Burlington Ministerial Association.
- Burlington has Burlington Windfall Apartments (subsidized senior housing) and a congregate meal site at its Community Center.
- The Burlington Jr. League sponsors both Little League and Girls Softball with the support of the town and township.
- Burlington Community Library is supported by both the town and township, and provides services to all age levels as well as a convenient meeting room.
- Burlington is the home to several restaurants, lumber yard, medical offices, auto repair, funeral home, and numerous other businesses.
- Burlington Kiwanis Club meets every Saturday morning and one of their major activities is sponsoring the Key Club and scholarships at Carroll High School. They also raise funds for the Park.
| Town Sector
|| Quick Stats
||Interstate 65 - 29 miles
U.S. 31 - 16 miles
Indiana 29 - in Burlington
Indiana 22 - in Burlington
||Kokomo Airport - 16 miles
Indianapolis International - 50 miles
||Electric - Duke Energy
Natural Gas - Kokomo Gas
Sanitation - Burlington Sewage Treatment Plant
Water - Private Wells
|Population Census Year
||1990 - 568
2000 - 444
2010 - 603