Camden-Jackson Township Park
The seven-acre community park is at the north edge of Camden in Jackson Township, near State Roads 218 and 75. It was established in 1948 and was first used for school sports and other activities.
The park includes modern restrooms, three ball fields with bleachers (two with lights, above-ground dugouts, and announcers’ booths), storage buildings, batting cages, and a new concession stand with an attached picnic area. Three pavilions are available for a lunch break or picnic.
Parking is available at each diamond and at the entrance to the park. Two horseshoe pits are also available. Playground equipment includes three slides, swings for all ages, teeter totters, animal spring rides, jungle jims, and monkey bars. The park also houses a lighted basketball court and practice courts.
In 2008 a new 26-activity playground structure was built by volunteers for children ages two to five. Funding came from the Jackson Township scrap metal drive and a grant from the Carroll County REMC Operation Round-Up grant program. In addition to being home to the boys’ and girls’ youth ball programs during the spring and summer, boys’ Pony League teams and men’s softball leagues frequently use the fields as well.
The Camden Lions Club hosts a tractor pull each August, bringing in hundreds of spectators. A permanent facility with bleachers is at the entrance to the park.
Many Camden families (and out-of-town guests) use the park for family reunions and picnics. Various community warm-weather events are held at the Park. See the website for information about special events and festivals.